Friday, November 9, 2012

The Day I was Cool...

Okay... Before I totally sounds like I had a deprived childhood since I claimed I didn't have many name brand toys growing up, my family is the most generous, loving, and inspiring group I know. That being said... Yes, I spent more time picking "berries" off of our floral couch than I did with Barbie. 
Totally attribute my creativity to the imagination I was encouraged to have. Now my clothes...I had to get creative with those early on. Brand names? Not a chance. At the time wasn't so fun but I'm now the deal queen! But when you're ten...? You just wana be cool. Today's family, a long time friend of mine made me cool for a day. At summer camp she lent me not only a hemp neckless with rainbow beads in it, but dare I even say it an ADIDAS shirt (Gasp! My dream at the time!) AND.... a pair of black umbro shorts! Most of you don't even know what Umbro is and for those of you that do you're probably chuckling that it was as epic to me as it was. Oh...how cool I felt that day. 

After many years of soccer camp we reunite 10 years later while attending the same college and dominating on the soccer team. Miss Jeanne... Yeah... the one in the red... She was All American. 
And our team... We were national champions.  
Juuuuuussttttt saaaaayin'! (: 
And we're still friends to this day. Shot her wedding. Went to her baby shower, they too support us when we go to India, they're kinda great. And it is SO fun seeing her with her kids. 
You can just tell she's an amazing mom. 
Love you Jeebs. Thanks for comin' and spending the day with me and my camera. (: 
Love Love!


No comments:

Post a Comment