Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Keepin' It Real...

We were in a room maybe the size of my bedroom? Though I would kill to have that ridiculously cool room be in my house at all (Do you see the reclaimed wood ceiling? Sick!! Shoot, the whole place is ridiculously cool) but none the less there were maybe 15 chairs for a super intimate 'non-wedding" as I've heard them describe it. This "non-wedding" really at the end of the day is what every "normal" wedding wants to be if they didn't' get so side-tracked with people's expectations. They made it clear, there's no fuss, no posed photos, just a party with top of the line artisan food & drinks with the people closest to them, to honor the commitment that their hearts made long ago but now has been made official. 
I remember the bride from another wedding I did as she has some epic dance moves! it didn't matter that this "dance floor" was probably the size of my car. A Honda. (: 
She was there to have a blast and it was so fun watching her do so! 

We're comin' up on engagement season here and I think there's lessons to be learned from today's bride and groom: Sarah & Patrick. The more you stay true to what you actually want, who you really are, and what is the best reflection of who you are as a couple. Do that...I think you'll find wedding planning to go a whole lot smoother when you do and no doubt you'll cherish your big day all the more. 

Patrick & Sarah, thank you for sharing yours with me. (: 



No comments:

Post a Comment