Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Instinct...


Our relationship started across a tiny table in a Starbucks near the location of a photoshoot I had just moments before. The future bride, Raquel & I casually asked questions to start to get to know each other. There was a slight pause when she leaned in on the small table, and almost said in a whisper: "Are you a Christian?"Before I could even finish "Ye..." she calls out "I knew it! I knew it! And after hearing she grew up in South America I figured she must be a MK (Missionary kid) which she was! 
Guess both of our instincts were right. (: 

Some of the best photos of a day are the ones where we follow our gut. You'd presume that thinking things through would make you prepared... Make one more confident...But the best days are ones where we pick a spot and just go on instincts from there. 

Today, we started where they first met. For them both not really thinking they were on a date to have it end with a kiss under a Chicago lamp post, to four months later being engaged, and will be married before the new year I'd say that was one gut-feeling they were glad they acted on. 

Excited to shoot their big day in December!



No comments:

Post a Comment