Monday, October 4, 2010

Little Blessings Big God...

Considering I could probably count the Saturdays (per year)  I don't shoot an event on one hand, to have a day without the camera was, well...Refreshing. Don't get me wrong, I love my job, but most people work during the week and get the weekend off. I work during the week...The weekend...And most nights. So to have one complete day without a lingering To-Do list was not only unheard of in my typical routine but is something that I needed. I was actually supposed to shoot that day but God knew better for me. From the very beginning of my day till the very end little blessings of friendship, gifts, naps(!), and laughter filled me with joy. 

The day started off with a beautiful fall walk around an adorable town with a dear friend. We then both got to attend another friend's baby shower which was so creative & Chill. Just what I needed. I hadn't been to the host's house before but from the moment I walked in I thought to myself: "She could just open a shop right here in her house because everything is so dang cute!" It wasn't until later that I found out she does sell things...Wonderful...Gorgeous...Hand-made things. She has a whole shop down-stairs and it was their that I spotted the holy-grail of what is my obsession. I could and probably will wear this item everyday. So what is it!? Well...Most girls have a shoe or hand-bag fetish. Not me...Mine is a bit more random than that. I have bins and bins of scarves. I wear them year round. She had a whole shop downstairs of all the hand-made goodness she does. I saw a hat rack full of cowl scarves and I knew I just had to have one. Seriously...Out of the ridiculous amount of scarves I have this one tops them all. It's super unique, really well-made, and well... it's just awesome! So as I go to buy it from her  she decides to gift it to me. It may seem like an insignificant thing but really it meant a lot. I could just be overly tired and sensitive but I really think it was more than that. At the end of the day she's trying to start/run a business and I've been and am there myself. It's not easy to balance all of life's agendas and I know this gift was a true act of generosity. I don't usually "promote" businesses and I for sure typically don't post pictures of myself  but for real this item is sweeet and it's maker is just as great.  You should check out her work at: (There's lots more styles & colors just contact her)

http://www.etsy.com/shop/abbyclark?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=App_Seller&utm_content=shops&utm_campaign=fb_seller_shop2

(It's funny how I take thousands of pics a week but am so stinkin' awkward in a picture so don't judge me but it helps to see one on)
So I was already feeling super blessed and decide to continue the fall perfect day with a Pumpkin Spice Latte with my dear friend and again out of the blue the cashier goes: "Don't worry about it, it's on my today." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!? Again, I know it's a little thing but for how hard I've been working I just feel like God is just blessing me with the little things that bring me such joy. 
I then got some time to hang out with the Hub (Which we don't really get to do since I work weekends), took a glorious nap, grilled some bacon wrapped Filets, and went to get a treat with Barto. Funny story about that...Everytime we go to get a treat our true colors shine through. Bart grabbed a peach & avacado for his dessert. (Weird, I know) I tell him to get an organic peach b/c it doesn't have pesticides on it. He then reminds me that I'm holding 6 cupcakes. Don't judge me. (: 

Sigh...I have been so refreshed and blessed by this day. Thank you God.




No comments:

Post a Comment