Monday, December 17, 2012

7 Years With The Great Love of My Life...



After 11 years of being together and as of today, 7 years of marriage I find it sometimes hard to put into words what this ridiculously handsome husband of mine means to me. Without getting too gushy (cuz I will boohoo in-front of my computer!) The little things that would on the surface seem insignificant or in many ways not out-right noticeable are the things that make him my better-half. Those of you who know Bart know he's "over the top goofy," life of the party,  which don't get me wrong, he is the funniest person I know but he's also one of the most thoughtful. 


You see that blanket? Re-wind time to my first birthday while we were dating...I walk in to his apartment (after arguably what was already one of the best days of my life thanks to him) there's candles everywhere...and after he serenades me (yes...it gets better!) he gives me this gift; a blanket. And not just any blanket but one he made himself! A college senior learning to crochet? Awesome. 
 He went on to say he made it so that we could stay out longer together in the gazeebo before I'd ask to be walked back to my dorm at night because I was cold. Fast forward 3 years and he sets up this romantic proposal in that same gazeebo.  Mega thoughtful right?
A few short months later near that same gazeebo I stood hand-in-hand with him vowing my heart forever.

That was the first of what has now been hundreds of weddings for me. I'm obviously now on the other side the wedding aisle (: 
 but I often get asked: "Seeing what you've seen would you change anything about your own wedding?" 
I can honestly say no...
Wanting to go back on something implies regret. I've never had a regret when it comes to Bart. 
For as busy as I end up... 
For how often I can take him for granted...
For how I sometimes give him the raw end of the deal...
He is and always has been yes, that humor in my life that many of you have come to know him for but behind the scenes this intensely thoughtful, supportive, true-to-his-word man that I still can't believe I got to marry. 

Happy Anniversary Barto! 



No comments:

Post a Comment