Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Italian Guarantee...

In shooting weddings nothing is guaranteed. It's the reason most don't stay with it for the long haul of their career but after 7 years is one of the things I like most about this job. From extraorodinary stories, deeply personal speeches (that has even me hiding behind my camera in tears), to crazy timeframes of we literally have 3 minutes to rock out an entire wedding photo session to crazy drunken old people trying to cut a rug on the dancefloor with no regard of me, my camera, or the sense if a personal space. However, anytime I'm shooting in the circle of my favorite Italians there's a few things that are almost guaranteed.

1.) Freakish, the world just may be ending weather. One of the weddings, the electricity went out during the ceremony, the tornado sirens were goin off and we went outside for photos! No joke! Today, hurricane Chicago showed up and a few yards in front of me (while I was in my car) lightning struck the traffic light pole & scared the crap outta me. We survived. (:

2.) Cathedrals that are crazy awesome & magically transport me to Europe. For an hour.

4.) Ridiculously beautiful brides... They're all friends, and all so gorgeous it's kinda unfair. And you can't be made at em cuz they are just so stinkin sweet! Shout out to Jax, Tiny Teen, & today's bride, Shiela!

5.) Fun... These people know how to party!


I married an Italian...They usually are my favorite clients...My love for these people? Guaranteed.

Congrats!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment