Thursday, November 4, 2010

Leaving A Legacy...

Some of the most highlighted times in my life were the days of being a collegiate soccer player for Trinity International University. It was there that some of the most formative lessons were taught, challenged, and put into practice. Our coaches always said:
It's not about wins or loses...
It's not about national championships...
It's not even about soccer...
It's the daily or even momentary decisions where your true character is made and your legacy is left.

Though our competitive playing years are over (Though my old person-co-ed league ain't half bad) (:
The goal was always to develop our character. The things that we as sisters, daughters, wives, co-workers, aspire to do even when no one is watching.

I can honestly accredit much of who I am, the way I run my business, and my strive in life to those lessons that were taught to me while wearing cleats on a field of grass. One of my coaches, Kelvin, was one of the front-runners of this philosophy and he lives it. And his wife, Anne, is someone whose character & wisdom has been something that people that I really admire seek out.

So here I am...In there adorable apartment watching them interact with their son, and their baby girl yet to be and I smile. I smile because these two have had such an impact on who knows how many (hundreds? If not more) people. Not just a "oh I remember when so and so did or said that kind of way." But a real...transforming way. And they are passing that along now to their next generation. Who I'm sure, God willing, will be and do the same as Kelvin & Anne have. May this household and family reap many smiles, memories, and blessings from this little girl who we will meet in December!

1 comment: