Sunday, October 4, 2009

Legacy...


If I had to sum up the relationships of this wedding in one word I'd say: "Legacy" Now that may not be a part of most peoples daily vocabulary but for the bride Melissa and I it has been. Having played on the same soccer team back in college it was a term used often and with great pride. As I describe their wedding I want to do the same. 

Not to get all educational on you but I think it'd be helpful to know what Legacy really means. The word is used to describe something that is handed down by someone that's gone before us. In my and Melissa's case it was the legacy of a senior passing on her position of playing the Left-Mid position to a freshman on the TIU soccer team. Or for the groom, Jon, it was a pin that has for generations been passed down when they were twenty-five years old. 

So my point is...I'm sitting here at a wedding where I know a good number of the people already looking around at how much Melissa and Jon have impacted this group, and thought how cool it is that they will continue to pass things along to their current and future friends and family. On September 25th, 2009 they began a new journey and it's a sweet thought to know that from here on out they have a legacy not as individuals but as a partnership. These two have so much to offer and I have no doubt they will pass admirable things to those that follow them.

No comments:

Post a Comment