Friday, February 24, 2012

You Dig?

Goodness knows I don't show you guys photos of myself very often. Why? Well, frankly I'm mega awkward that's why... That cute husband of mine on the other-hand loves it. I Found him on a bare-skin rug (already weird...I know) in the middle of Costco calling  out: "I need a photographer! I need a photographer!" I guess that's me... 
                                                             
   So what's our deal?
Why are we alluring you with pics of these super sweet & mega soft shirts?

Well, week after week I capture the most important day in people's lives. And for me, the most important days of my year aren't glamorous in the world's eyes but in my heart they're moments I wouldn't trade for anything. For the past several years Bart & I spend about a month with 80 of the most incredible girls we've ever met at the Home of Love in Chennai India! Many of you follow along with what work we do in India and many of you have donated in various ways over the years. FYI- The toothbrushes, soap, and balls you all donated last year were a HUGE hit! Thank you! If you got hook-ups with any hygiene products or sporting equipment hit us up! We'd love to bring those types of things to the girls again.
For those of you who aren't familiar with the epic-ness that is the Home of Love you can read a few of the highlights of the past couple years.  Till we see our girls again (110 days but who's counting) (:  check out our gear for sale, see if there's anything you wanna donate to the girls, and of course check back here for some photo updates upon our return later this summer.

Thankful for how many friendships we've gained from this little thing we call photography. (:
Much Love!
-Melissa Marie

You dig our threads?
You can check em out & even buy them online at:
http://www.weebly.com/weebly/main.php

What's the latest with us & the Home of Love?
https://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=10150251755046571

Believe it or not I pack a months worth of what I need in only a carry-on so I can use  2 giant suitcases to pack in all of donated goods for the girls. 
Here's 1 of 2 huge suitcases from last year. Thank You! 

1 comment: