Friday, February 17, 2012

Antarctic Safari...

It's August. Wait... No. It's February. Isn't that obvious? I'm wearing so many layers I've out fluffed the kid from the Christmas story. If I could do anything I would travel & take photos all over the world. Okay, that's only slightly true. Really, if I could do ANYTHING I'd be an Olympian, or I'd even settle for being a cupcake taste-tester. 
But a close third is traveling the world with my camera (: 
So... Pretty much I got to shoot for National Geographic Engagement Edition today. No...That's not a real magazine. You know how many people would have Googled that if I didn't mention it? Just sayin'...
Anyway, today was SWEET! Who gets to shoot in the grasses of Africa and the winter tundra of the Antarctic in the same hour? This girl! Love my third option for a job. (: 
Seriously...Are you not impressed with these two? It's so stinkin' cold it's ridiculous. They make it seem like we really are baskin' in the sun after stepping out of our Jeep for fresh air. Best couple I've shot in freezing weather. Period. 
So that was the safari.. And by that I mean a sand dune dog park. Which didn't click in my mind till I knelt down in the brush and thought it smelt funny. Haha... 
Oh what a difference a couple inches makes. 
Now for the Antarctic. They are literally standing on a cliff of ice & snow. If  the ice-shelf weren't here we'd literally be 80 yards into the lake. Kinda creeped me out but mainly I was just stoked. The setting was crazy. I think it's safe to say the trek to get some of our shots was an expedition! 
So... I'm definitely no Olympian, I might as well get paid to eat cupcakes as it's a staple food-group for me, but in between my travels of the world I will gladly take amazing shoots with fantastic couples in places like these! 

No comments:

Post a Comment