Monday, April 13, 2009

Stopped In Time...

I really can't explain this other than if you'd be walking down the street and you come across a friend's little brother and  instead of being 5 like you've always known him to be in your head he's now a full fledge adult with a full fledge beard.Whatever time capsule you've put your memory of that person in is opened and it's a wholeAdd Imagedifferent era. People grow up. And in this case, they sometimes even fall in love. Aaron, the groom and I, had been friends way back since "the diaper days" (as my mom likes to put it.) Two scrawny kids hyper as can be running around driving our parents nuts. Then once we got passed the needing to be babysat stage I didn't see him for awhile... A long while. Ironically, (both because of the timing of it all and because I can't sing worth a lick) during that time gap is when I got to know the bride. In our elementary days we both sang in the church choir. 

Then low and behold, a blast from the past comes and I get a call about a wedding. A wedding consisting of two people I've known longer than most and they just happen to be marrying each other! Because I have known these two for so long I know just how great they're going to be together. Aaron, once my partner in hyper crime has grown into this man of patience and understanding. And Megan, this girl I once perceived as quiet, is now a vibrant woman full of energy that will keep even Aaron on his toes.

Though there's that part of me that is still in shock that we aren't all still 5 years old, I'm really proud of these two, and I couldn't be happier for them! (:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment