Thursday, April 23, 2009

Baby Morris!

My big bro is havin' a baaaabyy! Well... Actually his wife is but an impressive feat none the less. It seemingly has been forever since my mom has wanted to be a grandma. I remember when my brother first got a kitten way back in the day and my mom wanted to be referred to as "Grandma" with it. We thought that was weird and rightfully didn't play along with that one. But now it's the real deal and the first grandkid is just over a month away!  

My brother is just about 7 years older than I am and despite the age difference he's always been one of the closest people I have in my life. As a kid he was the one that taught me proper form for a push-up, how to dodge the balled up socks flying past my face when we were playing American Gladiators, and how to slowly hold my hand over an open flame and still not get burned. He was also the one that let me just sit in his room for hours because I wanted to be near him and he was the one that after allowing me to stay up late while our parents were out would carry me up the basement stairs while I pretended to be asleep.

Girl or boy this kid's got it made. My brother's the perfect balance of parent and friend. And to top it all off...The kid doesn't know it yet but he's inheriting Super Mom. Renee is two parts power organizer and ten parts sweetheart. She's been able to put up with my brother for years now, this kid will be a piece of cake. I love them and this future child dearly! I can't wait to be an Auntie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment