Monday, September 17, 2012

The Beautiful Anchor of a Legacy...

It's kinda unfair that there were so many beautiful moments, details, & people at this gorgeous wedding at one of my favs Independence Grove in Libertyville. From a dramatic sky rolling over the prairie grasses to a ceremony completely immersed in the gorgeous garden, I was lovin' life. But ya know what was my favorite moment? That Vicki was my bride cuz she's crazy stunning!? Mmmmk. Fair enough. You know what was tied for my favorite moment of this wedding? Outside of the glamour of what was no doubt an absolutely beautiful wedding was in an unassuming hotel room before the hair, before the make-up (thank goodness!), before the day got in full swing this moment was anchor for the day. A time that I'm pretty sure I'll remember for the rest of my career and more importantly one that Vicki will cherish for the rest of her life?
The moment where it was just Vicki, her sister, and her mother, huddled together while the bride opened a little box with one of the most thoughtful gifts I've ever seen. A pocket from Vicki's late-father's favorite Harley Davidson shirt holding notes & well-wishes from her sister & mom. After a few tears we pinned it underneath Vicki's dress. People sometimes say these are sobering moments but I think they're perspective shifters. It can be easy to get caught up in the what-nots of a wedding day and not really end up thinking too much of what is soon-to-be a marriage. I think there's no greater way to honor our loved one's than to love un-circumstantially, to be gracious even when it's undeserved, to be so generous with what has been given to us that it overflows to others, and to live a life that is so undeniably passionate that we ourselves are continuing to be a living-legacy of those who have gone before us. Adam & Vicki... May you be this for each other. 
Thank you for letting me be a part of capturing this beautiful chapter in your life! 







No comments:

Post a Comment