Friday, June 8, 2012

Photo Bucket List...


It's days like these that I'm glad I'm a female photographer because quite honestly a guy just wouldn't appreciate this as much. It's not a sexist comment. It's true! Okay... Lets prove my theory. Name 5 chick-flick wedding movies off the top of your head...Too hard? Get three. Ready... Go.

No Peeking!
No Googling!
Okay you got em?
I'd venture to say if you're a dude you don't have more than 3. If you're a girl you may be able to rock out the whole list and then some.

Ha, pretty much all of them have Julia Roberts in em. Okay that's not true but she's in quite a few. (:

Here's my movie list:

My Best Friends Wedding... (Probably the first one you thought of.)
Runaway Bride... (More Julia)
Wedding Crashers... (Inappropriate? Yes. Hilarious? Absolutely.) Which FYI wedding crashers happen all the time. The key to not getting caught is well, just like the movie, be bold. I've seen them sign the guest book,  I've seen them mingle with the parents, shoot I've even seen them slow dance with the bride & groom! No joke! Okay... back to our list:
Father of the Bride... (Classic)
Sweet Home Alabama...(You're ashamed to say you like it)
Wedding Singer... (Oddly enough that's probably people's fav. but I hate that movie)
Wedding Planner... (J-Lo. Really?)
The Proposal... (One of my favs)
Princess Bride... (Also solid)

Okay here comes the cool part. Ready? I got to shoot where "My Best Friend's Wedding" was filmed!
And not only that but this location has always been on my photo bucket list. Have I said lately that I love, love, LOVE my job?
Irony is I may love my job but you know what I'm not a fan of? Movies. No lie. Could care less if I ever saw another one. Though I even told the bride after I got this next shot that it feels like a movie as everything was just surreally (is that a word?) gorgeous!

There was so much to love that to be honest it was kinda overwhelming. When I got home and my husband asked "How'd it go!?" I thought for a second and said: "It's kinda like you were just told you won a shopping spree but you have 5 seconds to shop." Don't get me wrong, we had a great time-frame there's just endless possibilities. If I were told I could only shoot in one location for the rest of my career that'd be it.

All that to say... Had an amazing day with an amazing couple. I wish you guys the very best!




No comments:

Post a Comment