Thursday, April 14, 2011

Season 6...

You ever have those moments where someone asks you how old you are and you say the wrong age? Not even on purpose, you genuinely forgot the number? Well...That's me. Except it's not how old I am, rather, how many years I've been doing this. Melissa Marie Photography is starting it's 6th season. That's just crazy. Seems like yesterday I was panicking whether I could pull off starting a business. I am so grateful to be where I am in life and to work the way that I do. So first off...Thanks for hanging in there and traveling this journey with me!

The thing that keeps my business thriving for this long are referrals...Telling friends and family that you know of a photographer that'd be a great fit for them is everything. Potentially, no one does that more than today's couple and my dear friends Josh & Danielle. I should probably just hand them my pay check already. (:

I say that jokingly but for real, before our shoot I was filled with gratefulness for last year's progress and was especially thankful for Josh & Danielle's role in it. So here I am sitting with the warm & fuzzies when they get out of the car holding a gift. A gift for me. Are you kidding? This is so backwards! It was one of those gifts that you knew someone was listening and picking up on something that no doubt you would love. And I did...I LOVED it! To me, presents are tangible ways for someone to say: "I've thought of you, and I care enough to go above and beyond to to express it by taking the time to get this for you." I felt so loved. Thank you guys...Thank you for our awesome engagement shoot...Thank you for picking the one day out of every freezing (literally) one that it was miraculously 85 degrees out...Thank you for passing my name out to so many friends & co-workers last year...Thank you for my present (I love it)...Thank you for being my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment