Thursday, April 21, 2011

My Families Second Family...

Growing up this was our second family...
The mom, Catherine was the person to introduce my parents into taking in foster kids. I literally would not be where I am today, adopted into the most wonderful family I could have possibly have hoped for if it were not for her. She also was a key factor in the role soccer has had in my life. She When I was 6 she snook me onto my first U-8 travel soccer team. (Which of course just happened to be hers) (: She later housed our european soccer trainer who no doubt got my mind thinking about college ball. 
Most of all Catherine is known as "Momma Deam" for a reason. You can be a stranger to her but you won't be one for long. 

The eldest daughter took my favorite baby photo during one of the times I was staying with their family and now I'm a photographer....

Her sister Erica was my sister's closest friend growing up and really she was like another big sister to me. She took me to the zoo, the movies, got me birthday presents and would walk through our front door calling for "mom" holding a batch of cookies. 

We owe much to this family. This vibrant, life-changing, generous family. 
Today...We had a party to celebrate the living legend that is:
"Momma Deam." 

It was an honor to be a part of it.

1 comment:

  1. Missy,
    Thank you for all of the kind, touching words. Indeed we have been blessed to be
    surrounded with loving and caring people:
    the 'unbirthday party' celebrated the
    life experiences we have shared thru decades.
    And also my survival for 10 years since my
    stem cell transplant!
    Loads of Love, MamaD U were cutest toddler!

    ReplyDelete