Monday, January 4, 2010

So Worth It...


5 shirts and 5 degrees later I had frozen hands but awesome pictures. Hopefully, Ryan and Emily can say the same. (: 

Sure, initially I'm a little hesitant to jump out in sub-zero temps holding a frosted camera but come the first picture I remember why I absolutely LOVE winter shoots; there's no glamour to it. We're dealing with frozen couples, watery eyes,  and snot kisses. There's not too much romantic about that, but that's what makes it great. 

Think about some of the most special memories you have with your spouse or loved one. For me, it's when I'm wearing mismatched sweats with no make up on and my husband scoops me closer to him on the couch and says: "You look really cute today." Are you kidding!? 

So sure, you may not have dreamt of having snot kisses during your engagement pictures but guess what? That's real, and that's beautiful. As is this couple Ryan & Emily. Regardless of the many freezing distractions Ryan is all about Emily. You can see it in the way he looks at her. And I think Emily would spend everyday in those conditions if it meant she got to be with him. They adore each other and I'd take frostbite to do it all over again. Oh wait...I get to. They get married in February! 

No comments:

Post a Comment