Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The Best...

I obviously go to well... a TON of weddings. I've had theme weddings, color coordination weddings, barefoot, high-heeled, outdoor, indoor, you name it I've done it. Not much really shocks me or takes me by surprise these days no matter how bizarre. However...When I heard how David proposed to Maggie I was taken back.

Maggie was coming home from a trip in Paris and had a lay-over in New York before coming back home to Chicago. Well, little did she know the full-force plan that was stirring to action. David had arranged with the TSA ( I think that's what they're called, the airport security people) to let him through the security process to go meet her next flight. Not only that but he had actually spoken to the pilot of  Maggie's plane to grant him the privilege of doing what I didn't even think could happen outside of a movie. So Maggie is sitting on her flight hearing the flight attendants go through their schpeel when all of a sudden she hears a familiar voice...David had flown from Chicago, got through security, spoke to the pilot, and now was speaking sweet nothings to Maggie over the intercom of the Plane. Like the scene from "The Wedding Singer" he approached maggie...Got on one knee...and proposed.

Okay you can pick up your jaw off the ground now...Pretty crazy right? Although for David & Maggie it's not crazy at all it's well...normal. I thought I've heard and seen it all but there's a God given love these two have that you can't help but take notice.

It was by far the best engagement story I've ever heard....
The best (or I should say my favorite) engagement photo shoot of the year...
The best dancing hands down that I've seen in years at the reception...
And as trivial as it is the best wedding food I've had in ages...

I know this couple would be the first to say it that God totally and completely wants to bless those who follow Him with the best. With those things little or grand that you can't help but look back and say "Wow...God was all over that." So sure...David & Maggie have an over-the-top romance but they love and serve an over the top giving God.

May each blessing you have be a reminder of God's hand on your marriage. Congrats guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment