Monday, June 14, 2010

Full Circle...














When you're little the slightest difference in age can make all the difference. "No! I'm two and a haaaaalllllfffff." Now take that slight difference and make it big...Typically, a sibling that's ten years older than you wouldn't know your middle name from your first. It's not a personal thing, it's just those paths don't have too many commonalities. I've mentioned before that I'm so blessed to have siblings that despite all the odds have taken an interest in my life. No, scratch that...Are deeply deeply invested in my life. (For which I couldn't be more grateful) Now here's where I'm going with this. Okay sure, my siblings are unique in that despite age we're really close. That doesn't speak for one's friends though. Really...Think about it. Your friend has a little sister that while most high schoolers are out driving around with their friends yours is hanging out with a five year old. Most people wouldn't get it and would probably distance themselves of that friendship. Not Erica....

My sister's best friend all growing up is someone who completely took me under her wing. I remember going to the zoo, the movies, the mall, getting finger paint for my birthday. I remember having another person that had all the right to reject but chose love. So time has obviously passed and I'm no longer five but something that's been really sweet is getting to know Erica all over again not only as my sister's friend but as a friend of my own. 

Erica came into town last weekend to help host a baby shower for my sister and we took a little time to capture a few shots of her little one Lina. How cute is she?? (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment