Tuesday, June 15, 2010

"O Baby"...

My first attempt at a diaper cake.  210 diapers & a sonogram later we have a present that in the near future 
will be a pile of poop. (: 

 O my O my... My sister's havin' a baaaabbyyy! 

Me and a few other partner's in crime had the privilege of hosting a baby shower for one of the best mom's of the future (Make that the near future!) aka my sister! Now I can say that with full confidence because she had a big role in raising me so she must have some skills. (:
 For real though... 
It's hard to even list the ways that she'll be an incredible mom but if I could pin point what made her a great sister I think it will help explain it. Many years back (I was maybe 10?) someone challenged her to be intentional about relationships. From that point on we had a once a week "sister's night". Whether it was cooking up a new recipe, her attempting to teach me Spanish, playing a game of skip-0, or talking for hours over a cup of coffee she chose to live intentionally with me and that's no small feat: it's love. What a lucky kid...This little one is going to be celebrated, encouraged, and never left with a doubt of how much their mom wants to be in their life every little step of the way. It's what has made her a great sister and it's what will make her a great mom.   

*What's with the O's? Her last name begins with the letter "O" and the gender of the baby is a big O surprise. So she refers to the little one as "Baby O" (: 
Banana Bread/ Cream Cheese Frosted Cupcakes. (: 

No comments:

Post a Comment