Sunday, November 22, 2009

Finding My Greekness...


If any of you from my generation had any kind of childhood you'd be familiar with the Sesame Street song: "One of these things is not like the other."Sigh...Sesame Street...Good times. Anyhow, where I'm going with this is one should play that song anytime you were to look at a picture of my six foot blonde and blue eyed family. Especially around the time when your eyes gaze a couple inches lower in the photo to find me, the little Greek girl. Yes, I was adopted...Best thing ever. But where I'm going with this....I wasn't raised with knowledge of traditional Greek ways. Shoot, the closest thing I've gotten to my own culture is a Gyro. (Delish by the way) So it was AWESOME to get to know Nick and Ketia as they planned for their full fledge traditional Greek wedding. There's a reason for everything. You don't do something just for the sake of doing it; which is something I'm all about. I felt like I got submerged into the motherland and was finally getting filled in on all the things I've missed. It was worth the wait to learn a few things the wedding was great.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment