Tuesday, February 24, 2009

                                                   
Growing up my mom and I would spend quite a bit of time together. Mainly, it was me having to sit quietly while Oprah gave "life lessons" but quality time none the less. I remember often looking out of the corner of my eye to see if the typical episode of "How de-cluttering my house changed my life." or "Empowering your spirit empowers life" has already gotten my mom crying, and most of the time it had. I'd then turn with harsh disbelief and say: "Are you crying over this!? " (I was a sensitive young lad)  The balled up tissues that ensued quickly was my reminder to shut my mouth and "enjoy" the rest of the show. 

I don't know if it's an age thing or what but I am my mother's daughter. After many years of claiming:  "No animal will ever, ever, EVER be allowed on my couch"..."I would NEVER let an animal sleep in the same bed as me..." "I hate little dogs!"... I find myself with a house full of people over for Sunday lunch and I've locked myself in my room crying over this little dog that I've been dog sitting for two weeks and now have to back! Needless to say I spooned every minute with the little guy on my couch, and I barely slept at night because I didn't want to "disturb the dog" who inadvertently had taken over my side of the bed. 

I wasn't ready to let him go and here I picture the people in my living room saying: "Are you crying over this!?" At this point I'd like to apologize to my mom for the many Oprah episodes I've mocked you over. 



No comments:

Post a Comment